Now you have decided to remodel your kitchen or at least make some small changes, we have an amazing list of kitchen remodeling ideas for you. Even small makeovers may change the look of your kitchen immensely.
Let’s clear out one thing right at the beginning: whether you live with a family or by yourself, the kitchen is the busiest space in a house. From the coffee you whip up to get out of that agonizingly-wonderful slumber every morning to the last glass of water you sip every night, the kitchen remains at the center of your home. It is perfectly understandable as to why just like life, kitchen design also needs a breath of fresh air, or simply, a coat of fresh paint. Here are the 10 best Kitchen remodel and design ideas for 2023.
But of course, a kitchen makeover is much more than that. Not only does it seek to reinvigorate the space most dear to the house, but it also will go a long way in ensuring that a fresh, updated kitchen remains at the heart of a healthy family. Let us understand what exactly you need to change and how you can manage a complete kitchen makeover. Wondering how much will your kitchen remodel cost? Check out our complete guide in budgeting your kitchen renovation.
1. Updating Your Backsplash One of the most noticeable features in a kitchen is the backsplash, and updating it can have a big impact on the overall look and feel of the space. Consider choosing a backsplash that complements your countertops and cabinets, and consider using a material that is easy to clean and maintain. Some popular options for kitchen backsplashes include ceramic tiles, glass tiles, and natural stone, another trend we keep seeing are the backsplashes that use the same material as the countertop. This creates a clean and flowing look.
2. Painting Dated Cabinets. If your kitchen cabinets are looking a bit tired and dated, consider giving them a fresh coat of paint. This is a relatively inexpensive way to update the look of your kitchen, and you can choose a color that coordinates with your backsplash, countertops, and other kitchen elements. Painting cabinets is not an easy task, here at NG Platinum Homes we painted hundreds of kitchen cabinets and more than 50 percent of those jobs were repainting someone who did a pretty bad job, ask your contractor how he will paint it. Stay far away from contractors who will use a roller.
3.Adding a Kitchen Island If your kitchen is on the smaller side, consider adding a kitchen island to create more counter space and storage. This is a great way to add both function and style to your kitchen, and you can choose from a variety of materials and styles to match your decor. However do not add a huge kitchen island without removing some walls first as too big of an island in a small area will lower your house value.
4.Updating to New Countertops Another way to update the look of your kitchen is by replacing the countertops. There are many options to choose from, including natural stone, quartz, quartzite, marble. Stay away from laminate or granite, these materials have been literally dropping house values last few years. Consider the style of your kitchen and your budget when selecting new countertops, and be sure to choose a material that is durable and easy to maintain.
5. Upgrading Appliances. If your kitchen appliances are starting to show their age, consider replacing them with newer, more energy-efficient models. This not only updates the look of your kitchen, but it can also save you money on your energy bills in the long run. Consider choosing appliances that match the overall color scheme, easy to clean and larger that what you think you might need.
6. Upgrading the Floors If your kitchen floors are looking a bit worn or outdated, consider replacing them with a new floors. Hardwood, tile, and vinyl are all popular options for kitchen floors, and each has its own benefits and drawbacks. Consider the style of your kitchen, your budget, and the level of maintenance required when choosing new kitchen floors. We always recommend something durable like tile with minimum grout lines.
7. Incorporating an Appliance Garage If you’re tired of seeing clutter on your kitchen countertops, consider installing an appliance garage. This is a small cabinet or shelving unit that is specifically designed to hold small appliances like toasters, blenders, and coffee makers, keeping them out of sight when not in use. This is a great way to keep your kitchen looking clean and organized. It also adds value to your resale numbers.
8. Changing the Cabinet Door Style If you’re looking for a more dramatic change to your kitchen, consider changing the style of your cabinet doors. This can be a bit more involved than some of the other remodeling ideas on this list, but it can have a big impact on the look and feel of your kitchen. For instance going from partial overlay to inset will add tremendous value to your house, inset cabinets are considered a more sophisticated look than partial overlay. Frameless cabinets are also a huge difference maker. They are also called euro cabinets and have a very different build method than other cabinets with more room because of the lack of a face frame.
9. Installing New Hardware Updating the hardware on your kitchen cabinets and drawers is another simple way to update the look of your kitchen. Choose new handles, knobs, and pulls that match the style of your kitchen and your personal taste. This is a relatively inexpensive way to give your kitchen a fresh new look. This year we saw the gold color coming back, brushed nickel and matte black are some of the timeless hardware colors, stainless steel look on the other hand is not popular at all.
10. Updating the Kitchen Faucets. Finally, consider updating your kitchen faucets to a newer, more stylish model. This is a relatively simple update that can have a big impact on the look of your kitchen. Choose a faucet that matches the rest of the color scheme. Many kitchen faucets now have a ton of features like automatic water turn on-off, motion sensors, light schemes etc. Choosing one that matches your style has never been easier.
Hope you liked the compilation of new ideas for kitchen remodeling in 2023 by NG Platinum Homes.